+How do I log in to my website?
As it is with most Drupal websites, and all on campus, all you have to do is add "/user" to the end of your website URL. For all UNT websites:
You may manually log out by typing this:
+I have the old Greenlight theme, but want to get the new UNT
Foundation theme. What do I need to do to get it?
It will depend on if your site is built on top of Drupal 6 or Drupal 7. The new UNT Foundation base theme is only available for Drupal 7 sites. If you have a Drupal 6 site, you need to plan on migrating to Drupal 7. More on that, later.
If you have a Drupal 7 site, here is a broad overview of the steps you need to go through to get the process started:
- Submit a ticket to
Central Web Support.
- Request that your live (production) site be cloned to a "dev" (development) environment. This will ensure that any work you do does not mess up anything that is actively visible to the public.
- Request that the new UNT Foundation theme, and supporting themes (UNT Subtheme, Zurb Foundation, UNT Seven), be added to your /sites/all/themes directory.
- Request that the following modules be added (and enabled) to /sites/all/modules: WDC Basic Page, WDC Site Information, WDC Hero Feature.
- Go to the Appearance Settings for your new Dev site (YOURSITE/admin/appearance), and enable UNT Seven, Zurb Foundation, UNT Foundation and enable and "make default" the UNT Sub theme.
- Go to the Blocks UI for you production site (YOURSITE/admin/structure/block), and make note of which blocks are placed in which regions. Now, go to your new Dev site and put the same blocks into the same regions.
- Go to your home page and start looking around to see what needs to be tended to. Get to work!
- Submit a ticket to Central Web Support.
+How do you change your theme from the old Greenlight theme to the
new UNT Foundation theme?
Make sure you first follow the steps outlined in the previous question, "I have the old Greenlight theme...", then follow these steps:
- Go to the settings page for your UNT Sub theme
(YOURSITE/admin/appearance/settings/unt_sub), then go to "Foundation Top Bar" and:
- Make sure it's enabled for "Mobile only".
- Make sure "Contain to grid" is checked.
- Make sure "Hover to expand menu" is checked.
- Save configuration
- Go to your site Block UI admin page (YOURSITE/admin/structure/block) and make sure that the Main Menu block is placed into the Main Menu region.
- Go through your site, page-by-page, and make note of any content or other elements that are missing. The differences may be extensive if you were using Display Suite, but you can get through it by adding the blocks to pages via the normal Blocks UI page and by using the block's "Visibility settings". Yes, you may still use Display Suite.
- Go to your Site information admin page (YOURSITE/admin/config/system/site-information) and make sure all of the information persisted. If not, fill out the appropriate missing information.
- More to come...
- Go to the settings page for your UNT Sub theme (YOURSITE/admin/appearance/settings/unt_sub), then go to "Foundation Top Bar" and:
+How do I migrate my site from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7?
Submit a Service Now ticket to Central Web Services.
+How can I add pictures or other files into the website without
using WebDAV or GIT?
Coming Soon. Workbench.
+There's something wrong with my site. Who should I contact for
Submit a work request to Central Web Services through Service now and describe your issue or plan to attend a Drupal Clinic conducted monthly. Check the calendar for upcoming clinic dates.
+What if I don't have a problem worthy of ServiceNow and only have a
You're in luck! There's a couple of things you can do.
- UNT-Drupal-User Listserv. Go to Drupal User Group Help Desk and follow instructions for signing up. You can get help by email threads to the community.
- We highly suggest that you peruse the Forum and search for the solution via questions other people have asked. Often times, Drupal presents the same errors for others, and we will try to answer all of them as best we can. Just as we would suggest you search Google for the answer, paste your error or type the symptom of your error into the search box on the Forums page.
- Slack. What is Slack? It's a really amazing chat app that provides us with additional functionality that's more intuitive to use than Lync/Communicator/Skype. If you'd like to be added to our Slack channel, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, the email address you'd prefer to use, the department you work for, and the URL to your website. The UNT Drupal User Group Slack channel is always available online, as well as a desktop app and a mobile app.
+Am I allowed to edit or customize the header or footer of my
In short, no. You are allowed to customize the menu section, but the green branding bar at the top and the footer are off limits. You are allowed to put your departmental lockup in the footer, place of the green UNT|University of North Texas lockup logo, but other than that the answer is no.
You do, however, have complete control over anything that happens in the content area. But always remember... just because you can make a white squirrel fly across the screen doesn't mean that you should make a white squirrel fly across the screen.
+What's the easiest way to find answers to my Drupal problems,
Google. The Drupal community is huge, and everyone has had a problem at one point or another. Usually, you'll find links to threads on the Drupal website, www.drupal.org. In short, the easiest way to search is:
- Open your browser and type "Drupal"
- Then, type the problem you're having
EXAMPLE: "Drupal how do I put a menu into a sidebar?"
- It can be helpful to type Drupal 7 if you are on a Drupal 7 install. Consequently, Drupal 6 if you have a Drupal 6 site.
- +What happened to office hours?
+I opted to use the custom search, why can't I see the results?
The custom search utilizes a content page called "search-results" that must also contain code within the body field. Here's how you can make sure you see the search results:
- Make sure there's a content page (basic page) with the url "search-results"
Make sure the "search-results" page has the following code inside the Body field: